03.28.2010 Weigh In

Weighed in this morning. Weigh 175.5 again. Same as last week. I know exactly why too. At least 3 days this week I was too 'busy' to track my calories on Sparkpeople. I tracked them loosely in my head, but obviously that didn't work out so well! That's OK, this is a lifetime journey. Maintaining my weight for a week is nothing to get depressed about.


My 5k is coming up in 3 weeks! Yay! I have decided to kick things in gear a little bit for the next 3 weeks. I am going to push a little harder in my weight loss efforts. Generally a pound a week or so is great, but less weight on me means faster running! I have huge goals for that 5k and I want to do everything I can to reach them. 


My workouts will be more intense and my calorie counting more diligent. I will pay closer attention to my nutrition and water intake. Just a little push in my efforts. I really feel up to it and am excited. 


I have learned so much 'this time around'. I no longer feel the need to be crazy intense all the time, only to crash and burn in a month or two. I have found out that I can't always be crazy in my working out. I am a mom, I have other things to do. But it doesn't have to be all or nothing! I can't always find the time to be marathon training or working out 2 hours a day. But once in a while is mentally good for me, I enjoy the intensity. I just have to pick and choose when I can go all out and when I have to roll with the punches of my life and be content with 30 minute workouts. For me personally it works out to balance. 


So here's to a bangin' 3 weeks! Woo!