Primal Pumpkin Mini Muffins

I adapted this recipe from the Pumpkin Nut Muffins recipe in The Primal Blueprint Cookbook.



1/2 cup organic coconut flour
1 tsp Saigon Vietnamese Ground Cinnamon (or any cinnamon, I just love that kind)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup cooked pureed pumpkin
6 eggs
1 tablespoon coconut oil gently melted
3 tablespoons pasture butter gently melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 cup honey (recipe called for 1/3 cup I try to avoid sugar/sweeteners as much as possible, but if you don't mind them you may want to up the honey; my version may not be sweet enough for some).
The recipe in the book also called for chocolate chips and or nuts. I omitted both.
Sift all the dry ingredients together (with coconut flour this is important). Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add in all the liquid ingredients to the eggs. Blend the two mixtures together until not lumpy. Grease 2 mini muffin pans with coconut oil. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-14 minutes. Makes 24 mini muffins. For regular muffins increase baking time to about 18 minutes.


Considering I have had NOTHING remotely bread like in a month and a half I am LOVING these! If you're trying to lose weight with primal recipes like this one are probably best eaten in small portions. That's why I chose to make mini muffins.