Paleo Breakfast Options - It's Really Not All About The Bacon

Paleo Cinnamon Vanilla Coffee Creamer
I have a confession. I don't eat bacon. I know, all Paleo folks are bacon obsessed right? Nope, not me. My dad is allergic to pork and I grew up not eating it. I do enjoy the occasional nitrate-free turkey bacon, but real bacon kind of grosses me out. I know, GASP.

So what do we eat for breakfast around here? Tons of different things!

Omelets. Endless variety here. Mix and match veggies, spices, and meats.



Scrambles. Scramble some eggs and throw in whatever sounds good!

Warrior Mix cereal. Add some almond milk or coconut milk if you're just missing that cereal feeling! 

Leftovers! Don't be trapped in a 'what breakfast should be' box. I eat a lot of dinner leftovers for breakfast.

Random cravings. Sometimes it's whatever sounds good. The other day I threw some frozen diced butternut squash in a pan, added a bit of ghee (grassfed butter is good too), and cinnamon. Yum. Salads for breakfast? Love them. Again, step out of the 'what breakfast should be' box and experiment!


Some awesome Paleo breakfast recipes from around the web (Many can be prepared ahead and eaten throughout the week to save time). Don't worry, there's even some bacon.:

From FitViews



Paleo Pumpkin Bread

From EverydayPaleo.com

Sausage, Egg and Sweet Potato Skillet

Southwestern Frittata

Egg Cupcakes

Breakfast Paleo Pizza

Paleo Apple Muffins

From BalancedBites.com

Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins

Pumpkin Pancakes (this is one we have a LOT)




From CaveGirlCuisine.net

Heart Waffles with Strawberry Compote (current fav waffle recipe, make it all the time as regular waffles without the compote) 

From CivilizedCavemanCooking.com






From PaleOMG.com






All of the above mentioned sites are amazing Paleo recipe resources. Definitely peruse them for more ideas.

What are your go to Paleo-friendly breakfasts?