Easy Turkey Taco Salad

This recipe post is sponsored by Puritan's Pride.

My family has always loved taco salad. Personally, I'm a big fan because it’s super easy to throw together. It's a go-to weeknight meal for me. My kids love it because it’s just plain good! Win-win.

Traditional taco salad recipes however include a lot of ingredients that aren’t exactly on my nice list. Gone are the days of busting out a bag of chips and cheesy salsa dip to go with a taco salad! Let's be honest, it was barely salad. 


This lightened-up, paleo-friendly version has become a weekly staple on my menu plan. 

Easy Paleo Turkey Taco Salad

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground turkey
2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 bunch green butter lettuce, chopped
1 small bunch red leaf lettuce, chopped
2 handfuls baby spinach
1 10 oz container of grape tomatoes, sliced
2 avocados, diced
Chunky salsa to serve


Directions:
Preheat your skillet to just above medium heat. Add the ground turkey and brown until cooked through. Add in the seasonings and stir well.

In a large salad bowl layer the butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce, baby spinach, ground turkey, and grape tomatoes.

Serve with salsa and diced avocado.

Options:
Try serving this topped with sliced black olives (my kids love it that way) or, if you do dairy, try a sprinkle of your favorite shredded cheese.



Try it! It’s so good; I promise you won’t miss the chips.